If you have not had opportunity to do so, please complete and return the attached permission slip for Spring Valley Care Center Caroling on or before Wednesday, December 12.
For any that may be interested, please see attachment from Missoula Children’s Theatre for details regarding the upcoming production, “King Arthur’s Quest.” Any questions should be directed to Liz Newberg, Parent Co-Coordinator for MCT, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will be no music lessons for Mr. Grandall’s students this week or next week. Lessons will resume the week of January 7.
Grades PK3-8 will be presenting the school Christmas program, “Gifts from the Manger,” at 1:30 p.m. this Friday, December 14, followed by refreshments and bake and craft sale, courtesy of PTL. Scrip cash-n-carry gift cards will also be for sale (see attached list). Students are asked to wear good dress clothes for the program. Following the program, all of the students will return to their classrooms where parents can pick them up and take them to the basement for refreshments.
All school families are asked to contribute baked goods and/or crafts to the PTL Craft & Bake Sale following the school Christmas program on Friday, December 14. Please have items priced in dollar increments (no cents) and deliver to the church basement on Thursday, December 13, or by 9:00 a.m. on Friday, December 14. Please direct any questions to Brenda Nash-Eickhoff, PTL Craft and Bake Sale Organizer, 507-251-5618, email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
Today, Monday, 12/10:
- Last day to order Scrip gift cards to receive them before Christmas break.
- A noon hot lunch will be provided for students on Wednesday at no cost to the student. (If a student does not want to eat a meal provided on a particular day, the student is still welcome to bring a packed lunch.) The menu includes: Walking Tacos.
- 1:00 p.m. Chapel Service
- 1:50 p.m. School Dismissed/Early Out Wednesday
- 1:30 p.m. School Christmas Program, “Gifts from the Manger,” followed by Refreshments and Bake & Craft Sale, courtesy of PTL.
- December Wednesdays 12/5, 12/12, 12/19: Chapel service during Advent will begin at 1:00 p.m. instead of the regular time of 8:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, 12/19: No early out, school dismissed at 2:50 p.m.
- Friday, 12/21: Parent Transportation Day. Grades PK3-8 caroling at Spring Valley Care Center, 9:00-9:40 a.m. (Students are asked to wear festive Christmas clothing; layers are recommended as the Care Center is often quite warm.) Classroom parties, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. School dismissed at 12:00 noon.
- Monday, 12/24 – Tuesday, 1/1: No school / Christmas break.
- Wednesday, 1/2: School resumes.
Save the Dates:
- Monday, January 7: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Friday, January 11: Welch Village Ski Trip (Grades 5-8)
- Sunday, January 27 – Friday, February 1: National Lutheran Schools Week (NLSW)
- Friday, February 1: NLSW Student Science Fair (Evening, Grades PK3-8)
- Monday, April 8: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Week of April 8-12: ITBS Testing, Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)
- Thursday, May 16: Last Day of School: Closing Chapel Service & Awards, followed by PTL Special Meal, School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8th Grade Graduation, during the 9:00 a.m. Church Service at St. Johns