Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed in any way to Friday’s Christmas program. It takes a village for days like Friday to be a success, and a success it was! I truly appreciate the work that the teachers and students put into our program, “Gifts from the Manger.” God has blessed our students with many talents, hearts filled with faith, and the desire to share it with others. I don’t know about you, but my heart was full when I pulled out of Wykoff on Friday afternoon.
With Christmas quickly approaching, I hope you are able to spend time, looking to the manger and all the gifts that it brings. I wish you time with family and friends, remembering Christmases past and making new memories. Find time to stop and enjoy the peace that only Jesus brings.
Mrs. Soltau, Mrs. Welch, Mrs. Meyer, Mrs. Nash & Ms. Lexi
PTL Craft & Bake Sale: “To everyone who donated bake or craft sales items, thank you very much! I’m pleased to report that the PTL raised $1,055.75 for the school’s library. Your hard work and generosity is greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas!” Brenda Nash-Eickhoff, Craft/Bake Sale Organizer
Parents of 5th-8th Grade: Attached are 3 forms for the Welch Village Ski Trip; hardcopies have been sent home with the 5th-8th grade students. Please complete and return these forms with payment to school on or before Wednesday, December 19.
2018-2019 Release of Liability – DAILY TICKET
Grades 1-8: Please have your Science Fair project idea to school by Thursday, December 20.
This will be no music lessons for Mr. Grandall’s students this week. Lessons will resume the week of January 7.
For any that may be interested, attached is information from Kingsland Community Education.
Kingsland Community Education
- 1:00 p.m. Chapel Service, School Choir Sings
- School Dismissed at 2:50 p.m. (NO early out)
Friday, 12/21, Half-Day of School:
- Parent Transportation Day – No Bus Service Friday
- Grades PK3-8 Caroling at Spring Valley Care Center, 9:00-9:40 a.m. (Students are asked to wear festive Christmas clothing; layers are recommended as the Care Center is often quite warm.)
- Classroom Parties, 10:00 -11:50 a.m.
- School Dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, 12/24 – Tuesday, 1/1: No School / Christmas Break.
- Wednesday, 1/2: School Resumes.
Save the Dates:
- Monday, January 7: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Friday, January 11: Welch Village Ski Trip (Grades 5-8)
- Sunday, January 27 – Friday, February 1: National Lutheran Schools Week (NLSW)
- Tuesday, January 29: LeRoy Pool Field Trip
- Friday, February 1: NLSW Student Science Fair (Evening, Grades PK3-8)
- Monday, April 8: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Week of April 8-12: ITBS Testing, Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)
- Thursday, May 16: Last Day of School: Closing Chapel Service & Awards, followed by PTL Special Meal, School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8th Grade Graduation, during the 9:00 a.m. Church Service at St. Johns