Week of December 3rd
Mid-term reports will be sent home with K-8 students today.
Spring Valley Care Center Caroling Permission Slips are being sent home with the oldest student in each family. Please complete the form and return to school on or before December 12.
This will be the last week of Mr. Grandall’s music lessons before Christmas break. Lessons will resume the week of January 7.
Grades PK3-8 will be presenting the school Christmas program, “Gifts from the Manger,” at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, December 14, followed by refreshments and bake and craft sale, courtesy of PTL. Scrip gift cards will also be for sale (see attached list). Students are asked to wear good dress clothes for the program. Following the program, all of the students will be returning to their classrooms where parents can pick them up and take them to the basement for refreshments.
All school families are asked to contribute baked goods or crafts to the PTL Craft & Bake Sale following the school Christmas program on Friday, December 14. Please have items priced in dollar increments (no cents) and deliver to the church basement on Thursday, December 13, or by 9:00 a.m. on Friday, December 14. Please direct any questions to Brenda Nash-Eickhoff, PTL Craft and Bake Sale Organizer, 507-251-5618, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
The deadline to place orders for Scrip gift cards to receive them before Christmas break is Monday, December 10. Please turn in any orders on or before that date. Cash-n-carry cards (see attached list/while supplies last) will still be available through December 21, our last day before Christmas break.
- Book-it Calendars Due
- Mr. Grandall’s Music Lessons
- 1:00 p.m. Chapel Service, K-2 Sing
- Mr. Grandall’s Music Lessons
- 1:50 p.m. School Dismissed/Early Out Wednesday
- December Wednesdays 12/5, 12/12, 12/19: Chapel service during Advent will begin at 1:00 p.m. instead of the regular time of 8:15 a.m.
- Friday, 12/14: Grades PK3-8 School Christmas Program 1:30 p.m., followed by PTL Craft & Bake Sale; refreshments served after program courtesy of PTL.
- Wednesday, 12/19: No early out, school dismissed at 2:50 p.m.
- Friday, 12/21: Parent Transportation Day. Grades PK3-8 caroling at Spring Valley Care Center, 9:00-9:40 a.m. (Students are asked to wear festive Christmas clothing; layers are recommended as the Care Center is often quite warm.) Classroom parties, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. School dismissed at 12:00 noon.
- Monday, 12/24 – Tuesday, 1/1: No school / Christmas break.
- Wednesday, 1/2: School resumes.
Save the Dates:
- Monday, January 7: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Friday, January 11: Welch Village Ski Trip (Grades 5-8)
- Sunday, January 27 – Friday, February 1: National Lutheran Schools Week (NLSW)
- Friday, February 1: NLSW Student Science Fair (Evening, Grades PK3-8)
- Monday, April 8: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Week of April 8-12: ITBS Testing, Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)
- Thursday, May 16: Last Day of School: Closing Chapel Service & Awards, followed by PTL Special Meal, School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8th Grade Graduation, during the 9:00 a.m. Church Service at St. Johns