Congratulations to our National Geography Bee winners: 1st place: Nathan; 2nd place: Dylan; 3rd place: Ryan. Nathan will advance to the next level of competition, a qualifying test to determine state competitors.
Thank you to all those participating in the St. Judes math-a-thon; if you have not had opportunity to do so yet, please turn in pledges as pledges will be sent to St. Judes this week.
From Brenda Nash-Eickhoff, Director, “Who Stole the Tarts?”:
- Cast practices this week: Tues. 6:30 p.m., Thurs. 6:30 p.m., & Sun. Feb 16th 1:00 p.m.
- All cast members are asked to wear their costumes to the Sunday, February 16 practice (if you do not have a costume yet, please contact Callies Voigt for assistance.)
- Help is needed for decorating the auditorium with a theme centering around the nursery rhymes featured in the play. We have been approved for a $250 Thrivent Action Card to purchase the decorations. Decorations should be set up prior to or on Saturday, February 22nd. Please contact Brenda Nash-Eickhoff if you can help with this.
- A platform stage needs to be moved from the church basement to the old gym; please contact Tammy Eickhoff if you can help with this.
- Mr. Grandall’s music lessons
- 8:15 a.m. Chapel
- Mr. Grandall’s music lessons
- Early out – School dismissed 1:50 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. KTTC NewsCenter guest segment on “Who Stole the Tarts?”
- Everyone is invited to “Who Stole the Tarts?”, a one-act musical play featuring memorable Mother Goose characters, presented by St. Johns PTL. The performance will take place at 2:00 p.m. at the Old Gym, 201 West Bartlett Street, Wykoff, MN. This fundraising event includes a silent auction, freewill offering, and concessions. There is no charge for admission. (Snow date is March 1st.)
- Wednesdays, February 26 – April 8: Chapel services during Lent will start at 1:00 p.m. instead of the regular time of 8:15 a.m.
- Friday, March 20: “Alice in Wonderland” field trip, Rochester Civic Theatre (grades K-8) Please note date changed from Tuesday, 3/10, to Friday, 3/20.
- March 25 – April 22: Spring Scrip-a-thon
- Thursday, April 2: Preschool/Kindergarten Round-up, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (weather date 4/16)
- Monday, April 6: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. classroom visits; 7:00 p.m. business meeting)
- April 9-13: No School – Easter Break
- April 20-24: ITBS Testing (grades 3-8)
- Saturday, April 25: SEMLAC Spelling Bee, Winona, MN (grades 3-8; participants to be determined)
- Tuesday, May 12: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 14: Physics Force Show field trip, Mayo Civic Center, Rochester, MN (grades K-8)
- Tuesday, May 19: 4th grade-Farm Safety Day, Mabel, MN
- Monday, May 25: No School – Memorial Day
- Wednesday, May 27: School Tour Day – Minnesota Zoo
- Thursday, May 28: Last day of school; dismiss at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 31: 8th grade graduation during the 9:00 a.m. church service at St. Johns
Tuesday, February 11:
Mr. Grandall’s music lessons
Wednesday, February 12:
8:15 a.m. Chapel; PK-4th grade sing
Mr. Grandall’s music lessons< 100th day of school
Early out – School dismissed 1:50 p.m.
Friday, February 14:
A noon pizza lunch will be provided for students at no cost to the student. (If a student does not want to eat a meal provided on a particular day, the student is still welcome to bring a packed lunch.)
Sunday, February 16:
Everyone is invited to the annual St. Johns Teens For Christ (TFC) Spaghetti Dinner beginning at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, February 16. The freewill offering dinner includes: Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread, Drink, and Dessert.
Monday, February 17: No School – Presidents’ Day
February 18-21: Silent auction baskets due (see attached letter)
Tuesday, February 18:
Wednesday, February 19 :
Sunday, February 23: