St. Johns Lutheran School dismissed at 9:30 a.m. today, Monday, 1/21, due to Kingsland closing at 9:30 a.m. because Kingsland’s heating system is not working.
- St. Judes Children’s Research Hospital Math-a-thon permission slips are being sent home with students. Please complete the slip and return it to school on or before Wednesday, January 23.
- Kwik Trip is ending their Milk Moola program. Please send in to school any Milk Moola that you have on or before March 15.
- During winter weather season, please remember to watch for notifications about late starts, early releases, or closures. (Whatever Kingsland does related to weather closings, we do as well, since we use the same bus service.) Eagle Care (before school child care) will be open if school is 2 hours late. If school ends up being canceled after the delay, then Eagle Care will close at 10:00 a.m. If school is canceled, there is no Eagle Care.
- If you are not receiving text messages from the FastDirect system related to school closings and you would like to sign up for them, please follow these attached instructions.
- Mr. Grandall’s music lessons
- 8:15 a.m. Chapel service
- St. Judes Math-a-thon permission slips due
- Mr. Grandall’s music lessons
- 1:50 p.m. School dismissed/early out Wednesday
- Grades PK3-8 School Choir sings during the 9:00 a.m. church service at St. Johns; please meet at 8:45 a.m. for warm-up in Mrs. Meyer’s room.
- National Lutheran Schools Week (NLSW) – Click here for complete details.
- Sunday, January 27: 9:00 AM School Choir (PK3-8) sings during the morning worship service at St. Johns Lutheran Church.
- Monday, January 28: Dress for the day: Western (no guns, please). St. Judes Math-a-thon begins.
- Tuesday, January 29: Dress for the day: Beach. LeRoy Pool field trip (Leave at 8:20 AM).
- Wednesday, January 30: Dress for the day: Dress Up. School Open House. 12:00 noon PTL lunch $2.00/person.
- Thursday, January 31: Dress for the day: Tie & Crazy Socks. All Science Fair projects due. Movie.
- Friday, February 1: Dress for the day: NFL.
- Friday, February 1: 7:00 p.m. Science Fair:
– Students should arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. and are asked to wear St. Johns apparel.
– Refreshments will be served; each St. Johns family is asked to provide a pan of bars or cookies.
– We need two (2) volunteers to help serve refreshments after the Science Fair, please let the school me know if you are able to help.
– Freewill donations at the Science Fair will support the Athletic Fund.
- Thursday & Friday, February 14 & 15: Parent Transportation Days (No Bus Service)
- Monday, February 18: No School (Presidents’ Day)
Save the Dates:
- Monday, April 8: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Week of April 8-12: ITBS Testing, Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)
- Thursday, May 16: Last Day of School: Closing Chapel Service & Awards, followed by PTL Special Meal, School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8th Grade Graduation, during the 9:00 a.m. Church Service at St. Johns