Thank you to the students who were able to be in church yesterday to sing “Where Your Treasure Is” to kick off NLSW.
REMINDER: Due to the weather forecast, our National Lutheran Schools Week schedule has been amended to cancel the field trip to the LeRoy Pool on Tuesday, 1/29, and to cancel the activities scheduled for Wednesday, 1/30–NO open house, chapel, PTL meal, geography bee, etc. Please remove these events from your calendars. Student/driver safety is a priority. The rest of the NLSW activities will go on as scheduled as long as school is in session that day.
During winter weather season, please remember to watch for notifications about late starts, early releases, or closures. (Whatever Kingsland does related to weather closings, we do as well, since we use the same bus service.) Eagle Care (before school child care) will be open if school is 2 hours late. If school ends up being canceled after the delay, then Eagle Care will close at 10:00 a.m. If school is canceled, there is no Eagle Care.
Please check backpacks as homework has been sent home with students in the event that a school day(s) is/are canceled. We ask that students do not complete the homework for a particular day unless that day is canceled. (e.g., we do not want students to do all the work for the week ahead of time and then it ends up that no school days are canceled.)
Mr. Grandall’s students will not have music lessons this week; lessons will resume next week as usual.
St. Judes Children’s Research Hospital Math-a-thon permission slips have been sent home with students; see attached list for student prizes. Please complete the slip and return it to school if you have not already done so.
Kwik Trip is ending their Milk Moola program. Please send in to school any Milk Moola that you have on or before March 15.
- No school due to weather.
- Please complete Monday’s assignments. Return everything to school on Tuesday, but only Monday’s work should be completed.
- NLSW dress for the day: Beach (Please note: students are expected to wear full winter gear to and from school.)
- TUESDAY LEROY POOL FIELD TRIP CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER FORECAST
- NLSW dress for the day: Dress Up
- WEDNESDAY NLSW ACTIVITIES CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER FORECAST (No open house, no chapel, no PTL meal)
- 1:50 p.m. School dismissed/early out Wednesday
- NLSW dress for the day: Tie & Crazy Socks.
- All Science Fair projects due
- NLSW dress for the day: NFL
- 7:00 p.m. Science Fair:
Ø Students should arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. and are asked to wear St. Johns apparel.
Ø Refreshments will be served; each St. Johns family is asked to provide a pan of bars or cookies.
Ø We need two (2) volunteers to help serve refreshments after the Science Fair, please let the school me know if you are able to help.
Ø Freewill donations at the Science Fair will support the Athletic Fund.
Thursday & Friday, February 14 & 15: Parent Transportation Days (No Bus Service)
Monday, February 18: No School (Presidents’ Day)
Save the Dates:
- Monday, April 8: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Week of April 8-12: ITBS Testing, Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)
- Thursday, May 16: Last Day of School: Closing Chapel Service & Awards, followed by PTL Special Meal, School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8th Grade Graduation, during the 9:00 a.m. Church Service at St. Johns