During this time, please remember to watch for notifications about closures; we use the public school’s bus service, so when Kingsland is closed, we will close as well.
Individual classroom details and assignments have been communicated to the students; please continue to check your email on a regular basis for updates.
Mr. Brand: Using Google Classroom/Google Hangouts/Email
Mrs. Meyer: Assignments are on Fast Direct; a hardcopy will also be sent home with students.
Fast Direct can be accessed at: http://www.fastdir.com/stjhnsch/.
(If you do not remember your login, please contact the school office.)
Mrs. Nash, Mrs. Welch, & Mrs. Voigt will be sending hardcopy work home with students.
Please note that students in the following classrooms will be able to drop off / pick up work on these dates:
Mrs. Welch: Monday, March 23, 7:00-9:00 a.m.*
Mrs. Nash: Monday, March 23, 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
*If the school closure is extended, then we will repeat the above schedule for Monday, March 30.
The end of the 3rd quarter is this Friday, March 20. Report cards will be sent home on March 30. (If there isn’t school on March 30, then report cards will be mailed.)
Softball participation slips have been sent home with grades 3-8; please complete the slips and return to school at your earliest opportunity. Emailed responses are also accepted.
Our internet provider, Arvig, has been having intermittent difficulty with emails being sent to Hotmail addresses (for all of their customers). Arvig has been working to fix the problem; however, in the meantime, please note that the weekly school email is available on the school’s website: http://stjohns-wykoff.org/news-information/.
Please note the following schedule changes:
- The “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” field trip and PTL Special Meal scheduled for Friday are canceled.
- There will be no afternoon Chapel service during the school closure.
- The spring Scrip-a-thon will now run from April 8 – May 6 (postponed 2 weeks from original dates)
- The School Choir will not sing in church on April 5.
- The “Who Stole the Tarts?” cast party is canceled; Schultz’s will work on making copies of the play to distribute to the cast so they can watch the play.
Date Change: Fall 2020 Preschool & Kindergarten students and their families are invited to our Preschool & Kindergarten Round-up, scheduled for Thursday, April 16, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. If you know of any families that would be interested in attending, please let us know so we can send information to them. (This was originally scheduled for April 2, and has now been moved to April 16.)
Update: A separate email with the Spelling Bee Rules and Word Bank will be sent to participants today. The Southern Minnesota Lutheran School Spelling Bee will be held on Saturday, April 25, at Hope Lutheran High School, 253 Liberty Street, Winona, MN; registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Our spelling bee team this year:
- 3rd & 4th grade: Elsa, Westin, Nathan B., Arnet
- 5th & 6th grade: Paisley, Kayla, Ryan, Lydia
- 7th & 8th grade: Daniel C., Greta, Nathan A., Dylan
- Monday, April 6: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. classroom visits; 7:00 p.m. business meeting); 8th grade photos due for Graduation Photo Board
- Tuesday, April 7: 8th grade Orientation Day at Kingsland
- April 8 – May 6: Spring Scrip-a-thon
- April 9-13: No School – Easter Break
- Thursday, April 16 : Preschool/Kindergarten Round-up, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- April 20-24: ITBS Testing (grades 3-8)
- Saturday, April 25: SEMLAC Spelling Bee, Winona, MN (8:30 a.m. registration)
- Monday, April 27: Law Day (8th grade), Preston, MN
- Friday, May 8: Track & Field Day, Paul Giel Field, Winona, MN (grades 3-8)
- Tuesday, May 12: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 14: Physics Force Show field trip, Mayo Civic Center, Rochester, MN (grades K-8)
- Tuesday, May 19: 4th grade-Farm Safety Day, Mabel, MN
- Monday, May 25: No School – Memorial Day
- Wednesday, May 27: School Tour Day – Minnesota Zoo
- Thursday, May 28: Last day of school; dismiss at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 31: 8th grade graduation during the 9:00 a.m. church service at St. Johns