Week of November 12
Congratulations to our St. Johns Eagles Volleyball Team for taking 5th place at the tournament on Saturday. Thank you to Kelsey Frank, Teresa Glocke, and Sara Redman for coaching this year, and to the Heusinkveld family for facilitating the use of the gym at Fillmore Free Methodist Church for our volleyball practices.
Lion’s Club Peace Poster winners are Greta (1st place), Grace (2nd place), and Aspen (3rd place); Honorable Mentions: Andrew I. and Cassidy. Greta’s poster will go on to compete at the regional competition. The theme for this year’s contest is “Kindness Matters.”
Due to a funeral at St. Johns Lutheran Church on Tuesday, Mr. Grandall’s music lessons normally held on Tuesday will be moved to Thursday this week instead.
Congratulations to our 1st Quarter Honor Roll students:
- “B” Honor Roll: John, Jayden, Nathan B., Daniel C., Andrew E., Landan, Anna, Daniel L., Kayla, Cassidy, Arnet, MaRea, Jeffrey
- “A” Honor Roll: Nathan A., Ryan, Caden, Aspen, Paisley, Lydia
- Straight “A” Honor Roll: Andrew I., Greta, Dylan, Grace, Jackson
Today, Monday, 11/12:
- Fall Scrip-a-thon Ends
- Parent-Teacher League Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- 8:15 a.m. Chapel Service, Grades 3-8 Sing
- Mr. Grandall’s Music Lessons
- Book Orders Due
- 1:50 p.m. School Dismissed/Early Out Wednesday
- 10:00 a.m. Picture Retakes
- Mr. Grandall’s Music Lessons (Tuesday students)
- Thurs. 11/22 & Fri. 11/23: No School/Thanksgiving Break
Save the Dates:
- Friday, December 14: School Christmas Program 1:30 p.m. (Grades PK3-8)
- Friday, December 21: Student Caroling (Grades PK3-8) at 9:00 a.m. at the Spring Valley Care Center. School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 11: Welch Village Ski Trip (Grades 5-8)
- Friday, February 1: NLSW Student Science Fair (Evening, Grades PK3-8)
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)