Week of November 26
Congratulations to our Scrip-a-thon Winners:
- Aspen & Paisley (1st place)
- Andrew E. (2nd place)
- Landan & Kesley (3rd place)
Our Scrip-a-thon sales this year were $117,155, breaking last year’s record of $116,740. The students enjoyed ice cream treats as a thank you for all of their hard work with the Scrip-a-thon. Thank you to everyone for supporting our Scrip fundraising program!
The deadline to place orders for Scrip gift cards to receive them before Christmas break is Monday, December 10th. Please turn in any orders on or before that date. Cash-n-carry cards will still be available as usual through December 21st, our last day before Christmas break.
As we begin winter weather season, please remember to watch for notifications about late starts, early releases, or closures. (Whatever Kingsland does related to weather closings, we do as well, since we use the same bus service.) Eagle Care (before school child care) will be open if school is 2 hours late. If school ends up being cancelled after the delay, then Eagle Care will close at 10:00 a.m. If school is cancelled, there is no Eagle Care.
All school families are asked to contribute baked goods or crafts to the PTL Craft & Bake Sale following the school Christmas program on Friday, December 14th. Please have items priced in dollar increments (no cents) and deliver to the church basement on Thursday, December 13th, or by 9 a.m. on Friday, December 14th. Please direct any questions to Brenda Nash-Eickhoff, PTL Craft and Bake Sale Organizer, 507-251-5618, email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
- Mr. Grandall’s Music Lessons
- 8:15 a.m. Chapel Service
- Mr. Grandall’s Music Lessons
- 1:50 p.m. School Dismissed/Early Out Wednesday
- Monday, 12/3: Mid-quarter.
- Wednesdays 12/5, 12/12, 12/19: Chapel Service during Advent will begin at 1:00 p.m. instead of the regular time of 8:15 a.m.
- Friday, 12/14: Grades PK3-8 School Christmas Program 1:30 p.m., followed by PTL Craft & Bake Sale; refreshments served after program courtesy of PTL.
- Wednesday, 12/19: No early out, school dismissed at 2:50 p.m.
- Friday, 12/21: Parent transportation day. 9:00 a.m. student (grades PK3-8) caroling at Spring Valley Care Center. Classroom parties. School dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, 12/24 – Tuesday, 1/1: No school / Christmas break.
- Wednesday, 1/2: School resumes.
Save the Dates:
- Monday, January 7: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Friday, January 11: Welch Village Ski Trip (Grades 5-8)
- Sunday, January 27 – Friday, February 1: National Lutheran Schools Week (NLSW)
- Friday, February 1: NLSW Student Science Fair (Evening, Grades PK3-8)
- Monday, April 8: PTL Meeting (6:30 p.m. Classroom Visits, 7:00 p.m. Business Meeting)
- Week of April 8-12: ITBS Testing, Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, May 7: Mr. Grandall’s Student Music Recital, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: School Tour Day – Minnesota Science Museum (Grades PK3-8)
- Thursday, May 16: Last Day of School: Closing Chapel Service & Awards, followed by PTL Special Meal, School Dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8th Grade Graduation, during the 9:00 a.m. Church Service at St. Johns