Greetings and welcome to a new school year at St. Johns Lutheran School!
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is a very important part of your children’s education at St. Johns Lutheran School. As a parent, you are an automatic member of the PTL. It is my hope that you can find the time in your busy schedule to lend a hand with fundraising activities, field trips, special meals, school plays and much more. Please come to the PTL meetings and get involved!!!
2020-2021 Parent Teacher League Officers
President – Brenda Nash-Eickhoff
Vice President – Mark Burmeister
Secretary – Katie Eickhoff
Treasurer – Sara Redman
PTL Meeting Dates – 7:00 PM
- September 10, 2020
- November 5, 2020
- January 7, 2021
- April 8, 2021
Although we will not be able to provide homemade meals as in the past, the PTL parents would like to continue the tradition of providing a special meal for students and staff of St. Johns. At this time, meals will consist of prepackaged food, will be provided five times throughout the year, and will be limited to staff and students only. Each person attending the meal is asked to pay $2. Any funds above and beyond that are appreciated, but not necessary.
Each meal has a “lead family” that coordinates with the committee for that particular meal. The “lead family” is one that has gone through a year or two of being on a meal committee. Special meals should be planned for about 100 people. Decorations and menus are decided by each group of families assigned to that meal. We ask that you try to stay within the parameters of the dollars coming in from the guests so we break even.
Below is the list of meals and the assigned committees.
If there are students with allergies, please bring it to our attention.
- October Meal – Friday, October 13, 2020 at noon
Committee: R/K Eickhoff, Hanning
- Christmas Program at 1:30 – Friday, December 11, 2020 – CANCELLED
- January Meal (NLSW Week) – Wednesday, January 26, 2021 at noon
- March Meal – Friday, March 30, 2021 at noon
Committee: J/A Eickhoff
- Last Day of School – Thursday, May 28, 2021 at noon
- Appreciation Sign-Up
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Secretary Appreciation: Open
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Teacher Appreciation: Open
PTL has adopted the following objectives for its existence:
- To bring parents and teachers into closer cooperation.
- To acquaint parents and friends with the work of the school and with Christian education in general.
- To stimulate a personal interest in the school.
- To promote the general welfare of the school by carrying on constructive activities which benefit the school.